Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

There are things I should be telling you about.

Trigger Warning: Ableism

I should be telling you what's going on with Amanda Baggs and how they are screwing up her treatment again.
I should be telling you about how awareness and stigma helped cause that.
I should... and I don't have enough energy left to do anything more than ask that you take my word for it, and that you go yell at the hospital.
Contact the hospital:

 802-847-0000

https://www.fletcherallen.org/about/news_room/contact_us/

https://www.facebook.com/FletcherAllenHealthCare  


 And I can copy and paste my poem of the day, for NaPoWriMo. 

Silently, invisibly,
I scream "I am here!"
Walk by, brush past, ignore.
Louder. "I am here!"
Nothing.
What does it take to be real?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.