Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Congrats to my sister!

So, no real names of family members and all, what with right to privacy and the fact that some of these family members are minors, but my sister had her Bat Mitzvah yesterday and I am so proud of her! We went to the temple, and she read Haftora, and she led some of the prayers. At the end of the service, all siblings+bat mitvah girl (there are 4 of us) led Adon Olam. Then we had a party!
At the party, there was loud music, so I was pretty exhausted after, but I've found that as long as I keep moving (dancing is useful for that) I don't overload too badly. I guess motion can cover up some of the other input? Whatever, it was fun. For the cake, she honored a bunch of people with candle lighting. (This is fairly common at bat mitzvahs.) Her parents (we have the same dad, but not the same mom) were first, and I was second, and when music came on after each honor, mine was American Pie! She said she liked how creative and quirky I was! (WOOO!) So yeah, that was good.

Also, research has been kind of busy, and I've been working on getting that cafepress set up, so I haven't been posting as much about the autism stuff. I will get back to it, I promise. It might not become a daily thing again, but it will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.